Thursday, April 17, 2008

Today's Encounters

Biology Lab 3
Today was my 3rd lab for Biology. We basically counted the population of the Protozoans that were living in the solution. Well we had to create our own experiment kind of. Our group did the population growth of high, medium, and low nutrients for the interval of 30 days. The protozoans looked cute. They were really small so we had to look at them through the microscope and count them. I felt bad for them because after when we were done with them, we washed them down the drain. Poor protozoans. I would be sad if I was used for an experiment and then flushed down.

Phases
I am going through a phase of "life" issues right now. I realized I have a lot of opportunities to start my career right now, but for some reason, I was never aware of it until now. I notice that every science class I come across, a person would come in and offer a speech. A speech of undergraduate research programs, clubs, and studying abroad. I never listened to them, and I actually did take it into consideration this time. I realized, if I were to take those opportunities, it could actually be my future career! So then I did wanted to join one of the undergraduate research programs, but the deadline was March 31st. I was too late, but also I looked at the application requirements, it said two letters of recommendation. I don't know how I would get that, but since that I am aware of what it takes to be part of a research program, I think I will stop half-assing all my effort in things. So from now (i hope) I will manage to have more motivation. College really is your future. Also, I am one of the sad people who don't have a car in college. So how will I get to my destination? It's okay, my mommy told me I should be getting one by the end of this school year so if all goes well, then I am happy?

No comments: